Free

I like freewrites. I like sitting down and writing without stopping, not caring what comes out, letting one thing lead to another.
It releases my mind to think things it has never thought before.
                 To draw conclusions
                 To draw connections
                 To take things farther than I would have in my natural brevity
                 To discover how I really think about it
Freewrites are fuel, and fire.

They are difficult. It's hard for me to write without stopping, without correcting my spelling, without clarifying what I wrote. Sometimes I think I don't have enough thoughts on an idea to write about it for five or ten minutes. But it works. It helps me discover. The disorganization helps me organize. And if everything I wrote turns out to be junk, it's ok. I wrote. And someday I might come back and find a gem.